Skin care has evolved since centuries past. From Ancient Egypt in 300 BC to China in 1200 BC; then to the Imperial Dynasty in China in 361 BC and to the Ancient Greeks in 750 BC during the Archaic Period. Then it made its way to Hollywood and the silver screen, and in our homes. Every woman nowadays can’t be without any skin care products in their homes.
Did you know that cosmetic medicine and skin care has one thing in common? Cosmetic medicine helps in enhancing one’s appearance and so does skin care – though it mostly concentrate on your skin, so does cosmetic medicine, especially when it comes to skin aging. Wouldn’t you want to take all those wrinkles away even if you are growing old? Of course that can’t be helped but most women who are conscious of the way they look would opt for ways to enhance their looks.
Being a woman, it is common knowledge that aging is something that we keep putting in the back of our minds. Though it is inevitable, but we always look for ways to prolong the aging process. Aging shows in one’s skin, so if you don’t care for your skin well enough, your skin gets dry and wrinkly fast.
Using beauty creams, lotions and others resulting to microdermabrasion to exfoliate and keep the skin looking young and smooth. Other women and even men who are beauty conscious or vain about their looks would sometimes result for face lift, Botox, butt lift, Fraxel, PRP injections or anything to stretch and beautifies the skin and take away the wrinkles; or the signs of aging.
If you don’t care for your skin and nourish it while at a young age, then it will just hasten the body’s aging cycle. Be careful though that you don’t mix different formulas or if you have sensitive skin, that you seek a dermatologist which products would be best for your use.
In ancient times, women have been fascinated with looking beautiful and the search for the fountain of youth has always been a quest even in ancient times. Here are some interesting facts about cosmetics medicine and skin care products:
- Nail polish originated in 3,000 BC in China, which is made of gum Arabic, gelatine, beeswax and egg whites.
- In ancient Egypt, with their eye make-up made of malachite powder and galena and kohl around the eyes, which is modern times is the eye liner. Kohl is actually a paste composed of soot, animal fats and lead.
- First commercial hair dye was created by a French chemist named Eugene Schueller (L’Oreal).
- Max Factor is the father of modern make-up where he opened his first store in Los Angeles in 1909.
- The founder of Maybelline launched its first modern mascara, which he got the idea from his sister Maybel.
- Gretta Garbo started the use if eyebrow pencils.
- Sunscreen was invented by the founder of L’Oreal (Schueller)
There are still lots of interesting facts that you should know, but if you have something to add to these trivia, we’d love to hear about them.