Arthritis is generally of two types – osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. In osteoarthritis the joint cartilage wears away with one bone rubbing against another causing immense pain. In case of RA there is an inflammation of the synovial membrane which in turn can lead to loss of the bone. Both these forms of arthritis affect millions of people in America. And considering the fact that it is a painful ailment there are a lot of quack cures that claims to make the difference. In the long run they hardly work and the pain remains as it is. On the contrary if you opt for some home remedies that are not only natural but also highly effective you still have chances of getting the desired result.
- Weight loss: One of the biggest causes of arthritis is the weight factor. So as a first step you need to make sure that you lose all the excess weight. Though it is not always an easy task but it is seen that there are many individuals who saw a marked difference in their well being when they lost 10 pounds or so. In fact loss of 1 pound means that you will put a little less pressure on your knees.
- Exercise: One of the best natural remedies of arthritis is physical exercise. Physical activity helps to keep an individual fit and healthy. There was a time when people thought that exercise aggravates the ailment but over the years it was apprehended that the opposite is the truth. Make sure that your exercise includes both aerobic and strengthening work outs. Hence walking, swimming, isometric and isotonic exercises should be a regular feature.
- Acupuncture: This technique is a great way to relieve the pain and improve the individual’s condition. In this procedure small needles are used at different pressure points so as to minimize the tingling sensation cause by pain. However it is best to visit a professional if you are planning to opt for acupuncture.
- Glucosamine: They are supposed to have healing properties and as such alleviate the arthritis pain. But keep in mind that glucosamine sulphate is the one and not glucosamine hydrochloride.
- Healthy diet: No matter whatever you are planning to try out – losing weight, getting rid of pain, having a proper sleep and so on – you have to begin with a balanced and healthy diet. There is no alternative to healthy eating. You need to include green leafy vegetables, milk, eggs, salmon and nut and legumes in your daily diet and avoid fried or junk foods, colas, processed food items and sucrose so that the inflammation, tingling sensation, pain are reduced and your condition improves.
Once you start following all these steps you will notice a marked development in your pain relief and an overall development of your health. How many times have you heard “health is wealth”? Well this is a fact and one should start following these natural remedies in order to relief for a longer duration.
Image Courtesy: Scuba-limp. CC BY-SA 3.0 via wikimedia